Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Looking to get started as a certified nursing assistant online? Well, it’s a good thing you’ve stopped by CNA Classes Online. Here, we’ll explain more about how you can obtain CNA certification online and start your career as a nursing assistant ASAP to start earning money. There are a number of CNA online classes offered by schools and colleges throughout the US, and it’s a great option if you have a busy schedule already or just want to study in your pajamas. So what are you waiting for? Let’s learn more about online CNA classes today!
CNA Classes Online
State approved CNA classes will combine both a knowledge portion and a clinical portion. The knowledge portion is similar to an academic class and will require a good amount of reading, will include quizzes, and a fifty question multiple choice portion in your state certification exam. The clinical portion will revolve around building the necessary skills you need to be a successful CNA. This will include patient care, communication skills, stress management, measurement of vital signs, infection control, CPR skills, etc. The state certification exam will also include a clinical portion to test how competent you are at various skills and tasks.
CNA programs online will teach you about:
- Patient privacy and rights
- Basic human anatomy, physiology, and nutrition
- Medical terms
- Mental health care
- Roles and responsibilities
- Legal issues
- How to react in different situations
You can complete the knowledge and lecture portion from CNA classes online but clinical skills and laboratory training will have to be learned on campus. You will be able to get clinical training at various institutions such as community colleges, vocational schools, technical colleges, etc. CNA programs that have both an online portion and on campus clinical portion are known as blended programs. Whatever you choose to pursue, blended or on campus classes, it has been shown that receiving post secondary education helps to increase employment and lifetime earnings, so it’s a good financial decision in the long run. Just make sure to research your school properly, taking into consideration factors such as their reputation, student reviews, program graduate rates, tuition costs, and job placement rates after the program.
Requirements to Apply for CNA Classes Online
In order to apply for online CNA classes you will have to meet a few requirements which are very similar to those you can find for conventional on campus classes. They include:
- Be at least 16-18 years old (depending on state)
- Speak english fluently
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Have a working computer with internet access
- Have the time available to take CNA online classes
- Have the discipline to take classes on your own
- Have what it takes to become a successful CNA (take our quiz!)
How Long Are CNA Classes Online?
Normal on campus CNA programs typically last anywhere from 6-12 weeks for average classes and up to 6 months for longer ones. The length of classes will also depend on whether you choose to study part time or full time. With online CNA classes you can study when you want and where you want, and at your own pace as well. This can actually help you to finish the knowledge and lecture portion faster and leave you with less hours to attend on campus clinical training. To find out more about how long it takes to become a CNA, you might want to check out this article.
Are CNA Classes Online a Good Idea?
Since its introduction in 2002, online class enrollments have been significantly increasing every year. With a total of 1,602,970 students enrolled in at least one online class in 2002, that number has skyrocketed up to 7,126,549 students in 2012! That’s a 450% increase in the past 10 years, and the number of students taking online classes make up more than one third of the total student enrollments in post secondary institutions! You can already see the impact online classes have on colleges nowadays. Nearly 87% of colleges and post secondary schools have adopted some form of online education, which highly benefits students.
How Many Students Are Taking Classes Online?
There’s really no reason why CNA classes online aren’t a good decision. In fact, the amount of students enrolled in online medical support degree and certification programs has exploded in recent years. These include online courses in fields such as medical assisting, nursing, radiology, and medicine to name a few. Online courses are growing in popularity all the time and are becoming recognized more and more every day as legitimate forms of education.
Benefits of Online CNA Classes
- Schedule flexibility — If you have a job or kids to take care of, CNA programs online are an excellent option if you can’t find the time for normal classes.
- Accessibility and interaction –– Students can access their course anywhere and at any time as long as they have internet access. Students can access lectures, discussions, and explanations with interactive Courseware. This helps to provide for an enriching educational experience. Students can also communicate with other students and will be less intimidated to participate, as you are given more time to think.
- Choose the right school — In traditional on-campus classes, you were limited to schools only in your city or town that offered CNA classes, and didn’t have as many choices as a result. But with CNA classes online, distance learning is stressed as much as possible, giving you the freedom to choose your program as well as your school.
- Ability to manage time — Traditional classes have lectures that run anywhere from 45 minutes to ones that are even longer, and run continuously without any pauses. Those who choose online CNA classes can manage the amount of time they spend on studying, which means you don’t have to sit for long periods of time anymore and can pause your lessons at any time. And with the ability to study at your own pace, you can move on to new material only once you are ready.
- Less expensive than traditional schools — CNA classes online also gives you the benefit of saving money. You won’t have to spend any money on commuting costs and online courses are generally cheaper than on campus classes.
- Better learning environment — Where do you like to study? For many, studying in the comfort of your own home (or wherever you choose) where it’s nice and quiet with no distractions is a huge plus. This helps you to retain information better and gives you time to think.
- Say goodbye to textbooks — Students in the age before the internet had to pay for expensive physical textbooks, but now, all reading materials are readily available through e-libraries and digital publishers. This in and of itself is reason enough to sign up for CNA classes online.
Our Tips for Succeeding in CNA online classes:
- Participate as much as you can
- Only move onto new material when you are ready
- Manage your time wisely
- Develop good study habits
- Make sure you also get clinical experience
- Study hard for the state certification exam
Where Can I Find CNA Classes Online?
Where Can I Apply After Becoming CNA Certified?
After receiving state certification you’ll be able to apply to a variety of settings, like:
- Nursing homes
- Home health aide agencies
- Assisted living homes
- Retirement facilities
- Urgent Care Centers
- Pediatric offices
- Physician/Doctor offices
- Medical Clinics
Where Can I Learn More About Certified Nurse Assisting?
|CNA Advancement||CNA Career Tips|
|CNA Certification||CNA Classes|
|CNA Job Description||CNA Requirements|
|CNA Salary||CNA Training|